Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Title Make Over

Sorry I've been off the grid for the last week. A LOT has been going on!

First of all let's start with the title make over. I decided that since I'm getting married in five and a half month's that the "Wedding Weight Loss" wasn't really appropriate. After my wedding I still plan on blogging. So instead I changed it to relate more to my entire life, not just what's going on right now. Which believe it or not, the wedding is just a small part!

A very smart woman once told me that the stages of our lives are constantly changing (hence the new blog title). We start as a child and learn that stage, once we've mastered it we go to teenager, young woman, young woman in college learning to be on her own. In my case we move on to young woman back home with mom and dad, then engaged, then trying to become an independent engaged woman, then married. Basically by the time we master one stage in life we're pushed into the next. Whatever that may be. Once I'm married, then I'm a wife trying to figure it all out, then hopefully one day a Mother. We never stay in the same stage for long, in our personal or professional life. We all do the best we can to figure it out the best way we know how and master that stage before moving on to the challenge of the next. 

Speaking of professional life. I got a job!

Some of you know that I've spent a good part of the last year trying to become a teacher. After graduating with a degree in Kinesiology, my life plans changed (there goes that stage thing again). First it was Physical Therapy, then wanting to be a nurse. Then it was something in the business world because I didn't want to go back to school. Then God knocked on my heart and told me to be a teacher. Now I can't wait to go back to school to get my Master's in Education Administration.

So after finding an Alternative Certification Program to enroll in, I completed all the steps to being able to take my certification exam. I am now Generalist EC-6 certified and getting ready to start my first year as a 3rd grade teacher at Smithville Elementary in Smithville, TX. (Anyone seen Hope Floats with Sandra Bullock and Harry Conick Jr? That town, that elementary school :) )

Let me tell you how nervous and scared I am! First I didn't think I would even get a call for a job for the Fall. Then I had two interviews and two job offers in a week. Both being about two hours from my family, one West of Houston, one East of Houston.  Now I've been hired, I have to sign my contract, find a place to live, Trevor has to find a job and I start my new one all in the incredibly short span of three weeks. Stressful doesn't even begin to cover it. We're excited, nervous, scared, and thrilled all at the same time. 

I didn't get any of my workouts in last week because I was driving all of Texas for job interviews (Thanks Houston for not making it easy on me ;) ). Don't get me wrong though, I am incredibly thankful for the opportunity! I truly believe this job was a God thing. I never even applied at Smithville. They called me up and said they had my resume from a career fair at A&M I went to back in April. I don't even remember talking to them, or why I would have since they were closer to the Austin area. But they called me asked me to come in and a week later offered me a job. You can't get more of a divine intervention than that. So thank you Lord for the job and the opportunity!

Sorry for the long post. Just so much is weighing on my heart. I felt like I needed a whole blog make over just to get it off my chest. 

Don't worry I'm still losing weight! I weighed in at 158.0 on Friday, half a pound down from the week before and a total of 6 lbs gone forever.  

There's more tomorrow so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment