Wednesday, July 31, 2013

People Who Can't Park and So What Wednesday

I have to preface this story with how I park my car. 

I park in the front row along my building under the tree. There are 5 spots. I ALWAYS unless the spots under the bigger tree on the other side of the building are available park in the middle spot, BACKED IN. My dad taught me that at like 15, so I back in to almost every where I park. Throw up my sun shades, lock the door and come back 9 hours later.

I was walking out to my car yesterday and someone backed their big ol Dodge in next to my spot. That's cool, except he was SUPER crooked (a huge pet peeve I have!). Like his rear passenger tire was over the line into my parking spot. So this left me with about 10 inches to open my door and shimmy my way in without letting my door touch his truck (if I hadn't been afraid to scratch/dent my door I'da just thrown it open into his truck).

So after I FINALLY squeeze my big rump into my car, I sit stewing for a good thirty seconds. Then I decide, I'm gonna leave a note. Don't worry it was nice and said "Next time pull forward and try again, Thanks!". I get out of my car place my written napkin note on his windshield and as I'm walking around back to my car I see a guy come out of the building walking in the direction of the truck! My heart SUNK! I literally felt like I got caught with my hand in the cookie jar! I jumped in my car, pulled the sun shades down to the dash so I could see (didn't bother folding them or even taking them off the dash) drove around the corner then out of the parking lot! I finally took my sun shades out of the dash while I was staring out of my rearview mirror waiting to see if he followed me! My heart was pounding and I was shaking! I totally thought I had gotten caught! (I'm all big and bad until I get caught ;) ).

Rest assured I wasn't followed and surprising got my point across quite nicely. When I pulled into work this morning he was backed perfectly into his spot with equal distance between both lines. Thank you very much.

Today I'm linking up with Shannon at Life After I "Dew" for So What Wednesday's.

So What Wednesday
So What....
1. I'm supposed to be training the new girl next week, but just found out I really am going on the conference with my new school to San Antonio....she'll be fine with the videos I made right?! Not like it isn't a 100 step process.

2. That same conference has also cut my packing before move time down from 4 days to 1.

3. I haven't actually worked out in 3 weeks but have also managed to lose about 3 lbs those same 3 weeks.

4. I was supposed to start Jillian Michael's 90 Day Body Revolution on Sunday but now I can't because I'm not gonna be the crazy new teacher that packs weights in her suitcase and wakes her roommate/co-worker up at an ungodly hour to get a workout in before the conference.

5. I totally forgot where I left off with my awesome squat challenge I had been beasting because I haven't worked out in 3 weeks. (But still pretty sure I can pass the pencil test.)

Whatcha gonna do?! Just keep truckin along!

Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment